What is the ultimate perfect combo? Peanut Butter & Chocolate of course!
I’ve been eating peanut butter cookies about as long as I’ve had teeth to chew ’em. It was one of my first foods that I could hold and bite. My mom says that I was always asking for “MORE” – (I used sign language since I couldn’t speak).
As I grew, so has my love for chocolate! Of course, when mom made these when I was little, I tore the chocolate off the top and ate it separate. But I’m a big girl now and can handle eating these like a “normal person” (whatever normal is– I don’t think I’ll ever know).
If left by myself, I could probably eat an entire batch of these Peanut Butter Blossom cookies. Thus, these would be a great recipe for families or sweethearts to make together. Share the love, people! (and the calories!)
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup peanut butter
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- white granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 1 bag Hershey's Kisses
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease your cookie sheets or use silicone mats.
- In a small mixing bowl, thoroughly combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar with a mixer.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Mix by hand until combined.
- Roll the dough into rounded teaspoon size balls. Then roll in white granulated sugar before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until cookies have puffed up and are golden brown.
- Immediately upon removal from oven, top each cookie with a Hershey Kiss, pressing down lightly – the cookie will crack. Let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Move cookies from pan to wire racks. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.